Re: Multiple username/passwords pointing to the same mailbox .. possible?

--On 21. August 2006 00:19:58 -0700 Nikola Milutinovic <alokin1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am currently migrating a large number of IMAP/POP accounts from one
server to another.  The old server using a schema of CLIENTID-0,
CLIENTID-1 etc as the naming schema, and it is required that the new
server use the user@domain naming schema.

If your "domain" is a default domain, then AuthID od "user1" is
equivalent to "user1@domain".

However, I don't think this is what you want.

That was my understanding, too - as far as I've understood the message, that is not the case (as he has clientids in his old scheme and I assume differenct clients have different domains).

Now, I can already see a plot-hole in my plan. How will you make all of
your users use new credentials? Well, if they have to switch to a new
server and that has to be done on their accounts, than you can assign
them new credentials just the same.
My understanding was that this was the point he wanted to avoid.
Apart from this point, I agree ;-)

 - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.perdition.user/673
 - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.perdition.user/3

Hope that is a startig point.
By the way: if you find a solution it would be great if you'd post it. I will need something similar soon ;-)

Baltasar

--
Baltasar Cevc

_____ former 03 gmbh