Re: Murder

Andrew Morgan wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Sam wrote:

C.K wrote:
The backend server are the actual imap/pop server.
The frontend are a proxyserver that redirects the user to the right backend..

/C

How about the Murder(mupdate) server?

The mupdate server keeps track of which backend stores each mailbox. You can have multiple backend and frontend servers, but only one mupdate server. The frontend servers query the mupdate server to locate mailboxes, and the backend servers update the mupdate server when a mailbox is added or deleted.

    Andy

Can I have a pair of murder server, one is mirror another? I don't know what this 2 servers will called, but introduce three servers (mupdate, frontend and a backend) are too much machines. If the 2-servers solution is fine, will that be mupdate and frontend?

Thanks
Sam

----