Re: High availability email server...

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Wil Cooley wrote:

Well, 32MB is small for a write-heavy filesystem.  But if you're not
seeing any problems with kjournald stalling while it flushes, then it
might not be worth the trouble of re-creating the journal as a larger
size.  It's unlikely to hurt anything, but I wouldn't make it huge
priority.  Did you also read the LOPSA post from Ted Ts'o that I linked
to in the section above the instructions?

Yeah, I guess this is something I should do when we have a downtime window. The only performance problem I've noticed is that things get pretty sluggish when I unplug half of the power feed to the SAN (we were doing a power upgrade in our data center). The write cache is disabled in this situation and things got really bad for a while. :)

Increasing the size of the journal may have helped during that time, but who knows. In general, I think an IMAP server does more reads than writes, but every little bit helps!

	Andy
----