Re: High availability email server...

Clustered filesystems don't make any sense for Cyrus, since the application itself doesn't allow simultaneous read/write. Just use a normal journaling filesystem and fail over by mounting the FS on the backup server. Consider replication such as DRDB or proprietary SAN replication if you feel you must physically mirror the storage.

My question: So is *anyone* here happy with Cyrus on ext3? We're a small site, only 3200 users, 246GB mail. I'd really rather not try anything more exotic for supportability reasons, but I'm getting worried that our planned move from Solaris 9/VxFS to RHEL4/ext3 on significantly newer and faster hardware is going to be a downgrade.

Anyway, it has nothing to do with Cyrus, but if anyone does have another application that wants lots of small files on a clustered FS:

http://web.caspur.it/Files/2005/01/10/1105354214692.pdf
http://polyserve.com/pdf/Caspur_CS.pdf
--
Rich Graves <rgraves@xxxxxxxxxxxx>