Re: reconstruct while system is running?

--On July 26, 2006 7:23:38 AM +0200 "Heiling, Steffen" <cyr-l@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Zitat von Michael Loftis <mloftis@xxxxxxxxx>:
I'm not sure if your entire plan is safe, however, reconstruct is safe.
 An individual mailbox or folder just gets locked during the actual
reconstruct.  Note that it'll increase your I/O load by a pretty large
amount during the reconstruct.

Why isn't my plan safe? Currently there are 2 servers running. Same
setup, and every night all stuff besides cyrus gets rsynced, and all  the
cyrus stuff I sync with replication. Both servers are running and  when I
login to the same accounts on both I'm seeing identical  mailboxes (also
seen-state).

Is there a better/safer plan to migrate?

I never said that it *wasn't* I just said I didn't know if it was. The two are not the same. I've not used the newer sync replication so I don't know any of the gotchas or anything like that.

----