Re: possible cyrus problems

offman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The director is going mad , because the staff are saying that they did not delete the emails, so therefore it must be the software or the hardware problem right?

I have checked the system , and neither the disk of the file system is failing, nor is there any errors in any log.

How do I track down where the emails are going?
Since this is a small office, enable logging for each account on the affected server. Write a script that scans the log files for the name of the shared folder and flags which accounts have accessed it. Examine the log files that have been flagged looking for possible problems.

Repeat daily until the mystery is solved.

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek@xxxxxxxxxx>
IBM Linux Technology Center, System Admin

----