Re: cyradm and cyrus administrator login

Rudy Gevaert wrote:
Jim John wrote:
I set up cyrus and cyradm with openldap so that users are authenticated using openldap, but I am unable to login as the root/cyrus user. I did not include this user in the ldap. Regular users have no problem logging in. But I need to use the cyrus user and cyradm to create the mailboxes. I thought having "admins: cyrus root" was enough in the imapd.conf file and generating the passwords, or do I need to add these users to ldap too? Thanks for any help.

What sasl mechs did you include in your imapd.conf? If you only have login and plain cyrus will authenticate against the ldap for your admin user too. You have to add a mechanism (e.g. cramd5) that uses e.g. the sasldb2 file.

i meant digest-md5
----