cyradm and cyrus administrator login

I set up cyrus and cyradm with openldap so that users are authenticated using openldap, but I am unable to login as the root/cyrus user. I did not include this user in the ldap. Regular users have no problem logging in. But I need to use the cyrus user and cyradm to create the mailboxes. I thought having "admins: cyrus root" was enough in the imapd.conf file and generating the passwords, or do I need to add these users to ldap too? Thanks for any help.

Do you Yahoo!?
----