Re: Latin1/UTF8 chars?

Hello,

Driven by the setting of "reject8bit" in /etc/imapd.conf in both
Cyrus 2.2.* and 2.3.*.  The default is to change 8-bit characters
to "X".  Set "reject8bit" to have lmtpd reject messages with 8-bit
characters in the headers.

if I can disable rejecting, can I also disable changing characters to X?

The point is, that when we are migrating from dovecot to cyrus very soon, I don't want to see strange sideeffects after the migration and users yelling at me because sometime changed in the IMAP behaviour.

And there are senders that send invalid characters in the subject but you cannot force them to send valid encoded subjects (several registries for internet domain names).

Regards
Marten
----