Re: Looking for a *good* X based GUI IMAP client for Cyrus IMAP ...

--On June 12, 2006 11:39:23 AM -0700 Nikola Milutinovic <alokin1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- Warren Turkal <wt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Saturday 10 June 2006 15:49, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> The least sucky email client I have tried so far is KMail.

I have to concur. I use Kmail via Kontact almost exclusively.

Any comment on Mozilla Thuderbird?

Junk. Same as Outlook and many others, it's not an IMAP client at all. Just a NNTP/POP3 reader that can parrot IMAP. IE it has to download ALL headers in a mailbox...which is fine if you've only got a few hundred, but try dealing with this on a larger scale, or on a modem.

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler
----