Re: What version of BDB are people using?

--On June 9, 2006 10:37:45 PM +1000 Robert Mueller <robm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm just trying to get an informal survey of which version or Berkeley DB
people are using successfully in large cyrus environments. We're
currently using:

db4-4.2.52-3.1 - old redhat based machines
libdb4.2.52-18 - newer debian based machines

Both of them seem to be a bit "flakey". We only use BDB for the
deliver_db and use:

duplicate_db: berkeley-nosync

For the others we use the recommended skiplist (mailboxes, seen) or flat
file (sub).

I'm using slightly modified Cyrus 2.1.17 on a Woody with DB3 3.2.9-16 --- No problems at all using it with mailboxes, deliver, tls_sessions. No tweaks or other special configurations. Did/do have the occasional POP3 bind ups but that doesn't seem to be BDB related....though I haven't really tried that.

POP3 bind ups -- occasionally, without reason, POP3 stops working. It never banners. I've been unable to reproduce it, and it requires a complete system reboot to recover, so it's something with saved state of somesort. I don't think it's BDB because that's all automatically recovered on restart so there shouldn't be a deadlock situation there between cyrus stop/starts.
----