Re: Cyrus Patches used at FastMail.FM

Robert Mueller wrote:

Cool, some of the patches look really interesting and I'm considering to
include one or the other into my rpm packages. For example the statuscache patch seems very nice. Just to be sure, are there any license restrictions
on the patches?

No, no license restrictions. We'd love these to get back into cyrus itself, so happy to contribute them back to whatever licence cyrus is under.

The statuscache is actually very useful, more so than Bron's comment on the page immediately suggests. Originally I thought it was our webmail client that was doing most of the status calls, so I actually put caching into our web client. It turned out that in fact lots of email clients also blast the IMAP server with status calls, so putting it in the server itself has made a noticeable difference to load on our servers.

I know we discussed this in the past, but I can't seem to find the thread. What part of the existing STATUS code causes the bottleneck?

Is it STATUS_RECENT and STATUS_UNSEEN?

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer