Re: migrating to a different db

On May 1, 2006, at 8:32 AM, Andrew Morgan wrote:

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Mark Edwards wrote:

Can someone tell me what the repercussions of rebuilding cyrus with a different db, say db43 instead of db41, and starting the new one up with the same data and configuration? Will it run? Will there be data corruption of any kind?

The safest and most reliable way to perform that upgrade is to use cvt_cyrusdb to convert your databases to plaintext using the old binaries. Then upgrade the software and use cvt_cyrusdb again to convert back into berkeley DB.

Can I assume that only files with a .db extension are in BDB format, or might other files be as well, such as .seen .sub or .index?

Thanks!

--
Mark Edwards

----