Re: Moving messages from one folder to another

Yann Rouillard wrote:
Hi,

I am currently trying to standardize the use of special folders (Sent,
Drafts, ...) on our IMAP server as each imap client seems to use a
different name.

For that I would need to move messages from one folder to another for
all users, with all message flags preserved.
I would like to know if some cyrus tools exist for this kind of
mailboxes manipulation, or if cyrus allows to easily write one or if I
must rely on the IMAP protocol to do this kind of stuff.

Is there a particular problem you are trying to solve by doing this? This is a user preference, and I know that I would want to kill any admin that attempted to make the changes you are suggesting. :)

----