Re: Restoring Mailboxes

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Dr. Harry Knitter wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 20. April 2006 18:31 schrieb Andrew Morgan:
On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Dr. Harry Knitter wrote:
Could you please give me a hint what you mean with configdirectory?
In my case (SuSE 10.0 as well as 9.2) I found a subdirectory db
in /var/lib/imap the directory where the database seems to be located.
There is a directory deliverdb with a subdirectory db in the same place.
As having copied the whole directory /var/lib/imap including
subdirectories from the old installation to the new one I cant´t imagine
that these old directories are the cause of a changed Berkeley DB
version.

In your /etc/imapd.conf, something like:

# Configuration directory
configdirectory: /var/spool/cyrus/config

The "db" subdirectory under the configdirectory holds some transaction log
type stuff.  I've had trouble in the past with changing versions unless I
clean out that directory first.

 	Andy

I´ll try that. However I can´t believe that this might be the cause. Also the
directory /var/spool/imap was completely transferred to the new installation.
If there were informations concerning dtabase version in this directory these
informations would tell cyrus the type of the backuped data. So why should
this not work?

Supposedly you can migrate from one version of BDB to another, but I've never had any luck unless I dump to a flatfile on the old system and import the flatfile on the new system. Please don't ask me to explain BDB! :)

	Andy
----