Re: Skiplist vs Berkley db

John Hampton wrote:
barsalou wrote:
What I was wondering is....can someone help list the pro's and cons of skiplist and Bdb?

I found the following link to be very helpful

http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/WhatDatabaseBackend

Yes, this is a good place to look. One thing that isn't on that page yet is berkeley_hash and berkeley_hash_nosync. These use hash tables instead of btrees. They have the same properties and use cases, but the hash table versions seem to have solved some locking issues that we were seeing at CMU.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer