Re: preserve message flags in upgrade

Poyner, Brandon wrote:
> I copied a mail store from a Cyrus 2.1.12 server to a Cyrus 2.2.12
> server, performed a reconstruct -rf on that mail store, copied and
> converted the seen file to skiplist, and finally copied the quota file
> and ran a quota –f.  The problem is that all of the flags except for
> Seen are no longer there.  It’s as if the reconstruct process didn’t
> make the cyrus.index properly.  I searched Google and read the upgrade
> instructions to no avail.  What did I do wrong, how can I fix it?

reconstruct rebuilds the index files from scratch (and that's where the
flags are stored) so you lose all that by forcing a reconstruct. (-f).

You shouldn't need to use reconstruct at all during an upgrade. Just
make sure you copy all the metadata (seen, quota, sieve, and the mail
and indexes and the mailboxes.db).

----