Re: COVID-19 contacts tracker (Re: a brief pondering)

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 11:16:57AM +0100, Christian wrote:
> That seems to miss some important points about the information
> epidemiological experts have informed us about corvid 19 so far. It??
> persists on surfaces. It can be picked up off a surface and redeposited on
> another surface.

On that point, please see:

	Aerosol and Surface Stability of SARS-CoV-2 as Compared with SARS-CoV-1 | NEJM
	https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2004973?query=RP

	Early Release - Aerosol and Surface Distribution of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 in Hospital Wards, Wuhan, China, 2020 - Volume 26, Number 7 July 2020 - Emerging Infectious Diseases journal - CDC
	https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0885_article

Let me attempt to summarize: it spreads readily through the air and on
surfaces.  It can survive on surfaces for varying lengths of time from
hours to days.  The second study notes that "half of the samples from
the soles of the ICU medical staff shoes tested positive".

Thus any attempt to track propagation must not only account for
person-to-person spread, but person-to-object-to-person spread, which
varying time delays between those two persons' contact with the object.

---rsk