Re: COVID-19 contacts tracker (Re: a brief pondering)

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 04:56:27PM +0200,
 Vittorio Bertola <vittorio.bertola=40open-xchange.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 70 lines which said:

> Many European countries already put out calls for proposals in the
> past weeks and are near to selecting an app for this purpose,

Note that there are many reasons why it is not a good idea to fight
COVID-19 but this is another matter.

> with the European Commission working on an EU-interoperable
> approach; the dominant mobile OS vendors already came up with a
> joint standard API to support the above; so it is unclear what the
> IETF could add to this in such a short timeframe.

For the current COVID-19 outbreak, certainly nothing, IETF is not
real-time. But such worldwide pandemics may appear again in the future
so if one thinks that contact-tracing apps are a good idea, there is
still something to do.

(On the wire format, I mean. APIs are a different thing.)