Re: COVID-19 contacts tracker (Re: a brief pondering)

> On Apr 16, 2020, at 12:18 AM, Rob Sayre <sayrer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> It's not clear that any of these tracker proposals actually harm privacy. Certainly the government in most places can get this data from phone companies and correlate it themselves.

The second statement is no doubt true. The first; as I understand the EU Privacy Court, the Data Retention Initiative violated privacy in a list of ways, and the tracker proposals are each some variation on that - not I communicated with that individual", but "I was in that individual's immediate locality".