Re: @EXT: RE: United Nations report on Internet standards

In article <671547ed-78c4-bb0b-3697-7641ebb72edc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>On 4/2/20 8:19 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>
>> For sure that in the antispam world, the ability to see patterns
>> across a large set of messages is invaluable for classifying messages,
>> and looking at each message right at the endpoints in isolation is
>> much less effective.
>
>Well, sure, but that's not a justification for email to be transmitted
>in cleartext.

Sorry, but I don't understand this response.

We all agree that it is a good idea to encrypt mail passing between
servers or between servers and MUAs.  But there's a big difference
between mail encrypted in transit that the server can read and mail
encrypted with a per-user key that only the user's MUA can read.  As
Bron noted, a lot of services that users finde valuable work a whole
lot better if the user's mail server can see inside the mail.

R's,
John