From: Iot-directorate <iot-directorate-bounces@xxxxxxxx> on behalf of Mohit Sethi via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, 1 April 2020 at 12:45
To: "iot-directorate@xxxxxxxx" <iot-directorate@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "last-call@xxxxxxxx" <last-call@xxxxxxxx>, "draft-ietf-taps-transport-security.all@xxxxxxxx" <draft-ietf-taps-transport-security.all@xxxxxxxx>, "taps@xxxxxxxx" <taps@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Iot-directorate] Iotdir telechat review of draft-ietf-taps-transport-security-11

    Reviewer: Mohit Sethi
    Review result: Ready with Nits

    This document provides a summary of common security protocols. It then
    discusses the interfaces that exist between applications and security protocols
    as well as security protocols and transport services.

    Major issues: The document header says that this document is about interfaces
    between security protocols and transport services. Yet, later on, I find that
    the document is also discussing the interfaces between security protocols and
    applications. Perhaps you could add 'applications' to the title -> 'Interaction
    Between Applications, Security Protocols, and Transport Services'

    Editorial issues:
    - Instead of saying 'This protocol obsoletes TCP MD5 "signature" options', can
    we say 'TCP-AO obsoletes....' to avoid confusion of what is 'this' - Please
    expand 'and IPsec AH [RFC4302]' -> IP Authentication Header - Are you talking
    about cryptographic agility here 'security protocols: confidentiality, privacy
    protections, and agility.' ? - Consider changing 'interface surface exposed '->
    interface exposed by'. Otherwise it sounds too similar to attack surface
    exposed. - Expand EAP and reference RFC3748. - Perhaps you could say that
    Source Address Validation (SAV) to prevent DoS is relevant for protocols that
    use unreliable transport?