Re: [EXT] Re: @EXT: RE: United Nations report on Internet standards

> Il 30/03/2020 16:07 Keith Moore <moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>

> On 3/30/20 9:45 AM, Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>
> > For example, privileging encryption over security is a policy choice.
>
> That's a false dichotomy.   Security is not enhanced, but weakened, by
> giving governments back-door access, and there is plenty of technical
> justification for that.

That is your opinion, and incidentally it is also mine, but it is not the opinion of a whole lot of non-technical professionals and experts in the law enforcement field, and even of some technical experts, otherwise "eTLS" would not exist and would not have been approved as a technical standard at another well respected standards organization. Those people are not incompetent, those people prefer a different tradeoff between multiple policy objectives.

In any case, my discourse was much more general, so apologies for mentioning that specific case, it was just meant as an example, not to reopen a discussion from the past.

--

Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx