Re: [Last-Call] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-sidrops-ov-egress-01

Speaking as a wg member.

Shouldn’t you be checking the "my autonomous system number" in the update message (when sending it out to the ebgp peer) as opposed to "my autonomous system number" in the open message.

Regards,
Keyur

On 3/17/20, 8:27 PM, "Randy Bush" <randy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

    > I wanted to avoid "be able to be" and have an explicit actor. I see
    > the difficulty you point to below.

    i am happy to change to the following

    >> As the origin AS may be modified by outbound policy, a BGP speaker
    >> MUST apply ROV policy semantics using the My Autonomous System number
    >> in the BGP OPEN message (see RFC 4271 section 4.2) issued to the peer
    >> to which the UPDATE is being sent.

    but, in my free opinion, as it is in IETF LC, the change is enough that
    it might require approval by chairs and/or AD.

    randy