Re: Planned experiment: A new mailing list for last-call discussions

On 14-Mar-20 10:33, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 05:30:26PM -0400, 7riw77@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> Now I am totally confused.  I miss Last Call announcements precisely because
>>> there are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of posts to ietf-announce at
>>> times like last weekend when the submission window is about to close.
>>
>> This is problem I face on a regular basis as well... I've tried to sort out the last calls based on the contents of the email, but it would be more convenient  if there were a separate list, I think (?).
>
> It's entirely possible I have different calibration for email volume than
> many people, but just to check: we're talking about the number of emails
> being too much on ietf-announce@xxxxxxxx, not i-d-announce@xxxxxxxx?
> I agree that the latter is indeed quite a lot...

I don't understand this discussion. For many years, I've had messages with "last call" in their subject header sorted into an inbox named, strangely enough, "lastcallsin". I had to slightly augment my filters when the new list was created, but otherwise... nothing changed.

i-d-announce is indeed challenging, especially around I-D cutoff dates. But frankly, if your MUA can't filter or sort adequately, you either need a new MUA or you need to abandon hope of following IETF work.

   Brian