Re: NomCom eligibility & IETF 107

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 05:22:55PM +0100, Toerless Eckert wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 09:43:34AM -0400, Barry Leiba wrote:
> > One choice is to entirely ignore 107 for the purposes of NomCom
> > eligibility.  The last five meetings would then be 106, 105, 104, 103,
> > and 102, and one would have had to attend three of those to be
> > eligible this year.
>
> +1
>
> An exhaustive mathematical analysis performed by staring at the two
> option paragraps for 5 seconds each has made me come up with the
> following preference.

As John, Randy, and others have noted in this thread - I think we in
this discussion context simply assume IETF 108 will also be all remote.
And in that potential future, if from a NOMCOM eligibility perspective
both IETF 107 and 108 are 'ignored', where does that leave us?

I think that if IETF 107 is to take place in some remote shape or
virtual form, it should be possible to 'attend', and list of these
attendees should somehow contribute towards eligibility for the NOMCOM.

Kind regards,

Job