Re: NomCom eligibility & IETF 107

> Il 13/03/2020 16:33 Bob Hinden <bob.hinden@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>
> My preference is to count remote attendance at the plenary as having attended the meeting for NomCom eligibility.

I don't see how you can replace "attending at least some meetings over a week in person" with a one-off remote attendance, which you might have to fail for a number of good reasons. Also, that would disadvantage people for which the plenary will be at ungodly hours (i.e. everyone in Europe, Africa, Middle East, India and Central Asia).

If we want to keep 107 in the span, the best and most literal substitution IMHO would be to count as in-person attendee anyone who had at any time validly registered for in-person attendance, even if they had cancelled before the general cancellation. However, I guess there are others (no idea how many) who would have registered at the last minute, should all this mess not have happened.

Alternatively, let's just consider 102-106, though that is a bit unfair to newcomers.

--

Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx