Fwd: Cancellation of ISO/TC 204 Spring 2020 Tampere Plenary

fyi
 it's about April

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : Cancellation of ISO/TC 204 Spring 2020 Tampere Plenary
Date : Wed, 11 Mar 2020 20:30:28 +0000
De : Adrian Guan <livelinkisotc@xxxxxxx>
Répondre à : Adrian Guan <adrian.guan@xxxxxxx>
Pour : trimmed

Dear TC204 members, on behalf of TC204 Chairman Dick Schnacke, I am sending you the announcement of the ISO/TC 204 Spring 2020 Tampere Plenary.

---
Greetings to all TC204 members –
As you know, Adrian and I have been staying in close contact with our meeting organizers in Tampere, Finland. While the Coronavirus was greatly affecting most parts of the world, Finland saw hardly any cases – until recently. Virus outbreaks are now growing routinely in Finland, including in Tampere and specifically within the University where our meetings were being hosted. The University has now published new policies related to gatherings within its facilities and the result is that our meetings now cannot be accommodated. Therefore, although it pains me to do it, I must announce that our TC204 meetings in April in Tampere are cancelled. I hope you are able to reverse all your plans without too much trouble or expense. My own plans were made some time ago and I know that I will suffer some small losses in cancellation. Our planning has now shifted to determine how we can best do some virtual activities to replace the face-to-face meetings. I plan to have a teleconference with my Chairman’s Advisory Group (CAG) members later this week and will follow that with a WG Convenor teleconference early next week. My current thinking is for each WG to hold one or more teleconference (virtual) sessions during the days they were planning to be in Tampere. Because of the geographic distribution of members, each WG Convenor will have to plan the best time for his membership to meet. These sessions should probably be limited to 2 hours in any given day because some people will be meeting early in their day and others late in the day. In addition to virtual WG meetings, I would like to explore the possibility of holding one or more virtual workshops with all of TC204 invited. I know we’ll learn a lot in conducting these online activities – we may decide we want to do lots more of this in the future. I doubt we’ll try doing any part of our TC-wide Plenary sessions. Instead, any items emerging from WG meetings that require WG decisions will be conducted by correspondence ballot. As you might expect, we are operating in recovery mode right now. As new information becomes available, I will see that it is pushed out to everyone. Again, I’m sorry we have reached this point, but these are not normal times. Please contact Adrian or I if you have special needs or require specific information. Many regards to all. Dick ---

Regards,
Adrian