Re: IETF 107 Vancouver In-Person Meeting Cancelled

Le 10/03/2020 à 20:10, The IESG a écrit :
The IESG and the IRTF Chair have decided to cancel the in-person IETF
107 Vancouver meeting. This decision is based on input we gathered
from Working Group (WG) and Research Group (RG) chairs about our
ability to hold productive WG and RG sessions at IETF 107. Our
assessment of this feedback is that a majority of sessions would not
be viable if we were to hold the in-person IETF meeting. On this
basis, we believe we cannot hold an effective in-person meeting.

As a result of this cancellation, the in-person Hackathon, Code
Sprint, all other in-person events planned for the weekend of March
21-22, the chairs training scheduled for March 20, and all other
in-person sessions during the week are cancelled.

The IESG is working on an alternative all-virtual agenda for the week
of March 21-27 with a limited schedule adapted to accommodate the
time zones of as many participants as possible. We are also planning
to support an increased volume of virtual interim meetings during the
weeks that follow. We will send another update to the community soon
with more information about these plans. The Hackathon organizers are
also considering plans for virtual Hackathon support.

We have re-opened Internet-Draft submissions, which had been closed
on March 9 in anticipation of the in-person meeting. Internet-Drafts
may be submitted at <https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/>.

A separate announcement from the IETF Executive Director will follow
with details about registration cancellations and refunds.

These are unusual times given the circumstances created by the spread
of COVID-19.  We hope that everyone remains safe and healthy.

Regards, The IESG and the IRTF Chair

I want to thank for the work towards this decision under these circumstances.

Alex