Re: Dispute process (Was: Resignation request)

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 01:23:17PM +1300, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> On two specific points:
>
> On 11-Mar-20 12:55, Nico Williams wrote:
> > Q: How many appeals have there been, and how many have succeeded?
>
> Officially, the history is at:
>
> https://www.ietf.org/standards/process/appeals/
> https://www.iab.org/appeals/
>
> I think a lot of the responses are midway between "success" and "failure".

I'll take a look, thanks.  (I have looked here before, but never made a
tally of results.)

> > But perhaps we can do post-mortems as a lighter-weight relief process,
>
> On the surface that's an attractive idea, but if it is to be taken
> seriously it would need just about as much work as an appeal.

Perhaps so, but it might be more appealing (punny) than appealing on
account of it being less disruptive to the work in question.  Moreover,
an ombudsman could conduct a review with relatively little effort on the
part of the participants.  The outcome would be a report, not a
potential reversal or rehashing of past decisions, but future behavior
might be modified.

Nico