Fwd: [Ext] Free (as in beer) webex

On 3 Mar 2020, at 21:50, Carsten Bormann wrote:

On 2020-03-04, at 03:35, Toerless Eckert <tte@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

zoom
Too bad, because they got a lot of things right.

Exactly, which is part of why ICANN chose it a year ago. (And, yes, we have been reporting security issues since we have adopted it.) ICANN probably did much more research on the entire market than any other group because we had a large number of volunteers who spent over a year analyzing and testing all the systems available for a zillion features of interest for ICANN meetings.

If anyone wants to see real-life use of Zoom at an all-virtual meeting that would have been face-to-face, consider registering (free) for next week's ICANN meeting <https://67.schedule.icann.org/> and attend bits that might even be vaguely interesting to you. There will be a variety of types of sessions: mostly presentation, mostly discussion, mostly people who prepared, mostly people with little clue about the topic, plenaries (with the mic line often being more edgy than IETF plenaries), and so on.

--Paul Hoffman