COVID-19, rfp-announce, and sale of .ORG entwined

I've been following 3 threads so let me braid them:

* I propose the IETF administration write an RFP for the infrastructure of remote meetings for IETF in two phases, one to evaluate IETF requirements subject to broad review and the second phase to do the work. The RFP should specify using standard protocols and open source implementations, and services which meet IETFers privacy requirements.

* The announcement of this RFP should be sent to IETF-Announce also, because it is of general interest to the IETF including those who don't care about RFP's that don't affect them.

* the sale of .ORG should be evaluated against whether it would fund ongoing development and support of this infrastructure, and if not, why not

--
LarryMasinter.net