RE: limiting our set of cities

Michael,

>I don't know how much the IETF LLC plans to spend for investigation of new
cities, but the previous IAOC spent some significant effort investigating
new locations.

>So, of course, we'll have to add if we see that we are losing things.
>This is not a straight-jacket, but rather, a policy statement that we
prefer returning to known-good places.

>Some SDOs just keep going back to exactly the same 3-4 places. Period.
>IEEE 802 has some set pattern, I think.

IEEE 802 does not have a set pattern.  It does repeat locations over the
short term because of hotel discounts that are obtained for multiple visits
to the same venue.  The pool of places that IEEE 802 goes to is somewhat
smaller than the IETF's pool, but has a similar aim of rotating locations
around the globe.  For 2020-2021, IEEE 802.11, for example, will be meeting
in 11 unique locations over the course of 12 meetings.

		-Peter