Re: limiting our set of cities

Jay Daley <jay@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> On 20/02/2020, at 11:34 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >> Jay, and/or Jason:
    >>
    >> Can you tell the community if the LLC has any plans/thoughts to stop
    >> looking for new places to meet, rather to just establish a list of
    >> 10-15 cities where we have successfully met, and simply repeat?

    > I don’t think that is an LLC decision to make - it’s a community
    > decision.  Having said that, my initial impression after just a few
    > months in the job is that idea would not sit well with our sponsors who
    > want to see us visit new/specific cites and countries.  Reducing
    > sponsor interest is a big risk to take.

Dear IETF LLC board,
  Do you have a plan to engage the community on how to make this decision?
  Is this a decision that you have on your radar?

----

I'd like to know about the places that our sponsors would like to see us go,
and I'd like to know if/why/how a list of 15 cities would be overly restrictive?
Again, remembering that we also have "*" to fill.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-