Re: [EXTERNAL] [Trustees] Trust Financial Statements

Hi

The IETF Trustees will certainly discuss the suggestion of the individual-level disclosures.   Though I'd like to see where the current other discussions end up before we proceed too far as I don't want us to duplicate discussions that are already going on.

The IETF Trustee role is certainly different than the others being discussed as it doesn't have any influence or decision making over technical standards, or architectural issue, or what the IETF would work on.  It also doesn't engage in the funding decisions that the IETF LLC does.     The Trust focused is limited to managing the IETF IP's assets - the copyrights, trademarks, and open source licenses, as well as the IANA assets.

Still, it is something I believe we should discuss and consider so that we do what's right and reasonable.

Regards
Glenn Deen, as IETF Trust Chair