Re: [Last-Call] [dns-privacy] last call review of draft-ietf-dprive-rfc7626-bis-03

Il 08/01/2020 14:12 Rob Sayre <sayrer@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

I think the concept you're describing is covered by RFC8484, as I wrote.

Is there something in this document's DoH considerations that's new?
But basically every DNS RFC from the past few years (e.g. the DoT ones) already has a privacy considerations section or discusses privacy issues. The point of RFC 7626, of which this draft is an update, was to provide the entire analysis in a single document. So why was RFC 7626 made then? Under your logic, it would not make sense to have it at all - but now we have it, and we are stuck with an obsolete version unless we update it.

--

Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx