Re: [Last-Call] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-12

Hello Al

Many  thanks for your review!

Please see below:

> This is the OPS-DIR review of -12
> 1)  "This specification introduces a new token called a cryptographic
>    identifier (Crypto-ID) that is used to prove indirectly the ownership
>    of an address that is being registered by means of [RFC8505]."
> during Neighbor Discovery in
>   "...a 6LoWPAN Low Power Lossy
>    Network (LLN), typically a stub network connected to a larger IP
>    network via a Border Router called a 6LBR per [RFC6775]."

Unsure what you expectation is here?
I removed the redefinition of LLN in the latter piece.

> 2) This seems like a worthwhile update to RFC8505.
>      The section describing the Update aspect is helpful, but ...
>      Nit: there should also a sentence in the Abstract indicating the Update
> status.
>      The scope of operation is very limited, hence no operational issues detected.

The first sentence of the abstract says "
This document specifies an extension to 6LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery (ND) protocol defined in RFC6775 and updated in RFC8505.
"
Should we reword ? Maybe "
This document updates the 6LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery (ND) protocol defined in RFC 6775 and RFC 8505.
"
?

> 3) The SEC-DIR review will likely be more interesting: this reviewer's experience
>     doesn't foster review of LLN in any depth.

It is happening right now  : )

> 4) The Doc Shepherd's form indicates that the last 4 versions benefited from
> review by
>     knowledgeable persons in the Security Area.

Yes, that helped a lot make the SEC DIR review smoother.

Many thanks again

Pascal