Re: [Last-Call] Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-bfd-vxlan-09

Hello,
     Please see my inline comments tagged [SPK].

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 1:35 PM Jürgen Schönwälder via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reviewer: Jürgen Schönwälder
Review result: Has Nits

I have only a limited understanding of VXLAN and BFD technology.
Hence, some of my question may look odd to the insiders.

- Never heard of this IPv6 loopback address space before. Is it OK to
  allocate and use it this way?

[SPK] We have received suggestions from other IESG review we coming up with text which will address this.

- Why is echo BFD outside the scope of this document? Can I just turn
  on echo mode or will extra specifications be needed?

[SPK] Echo BFD to work we need destination IP address to be set to sending VTEP address so that BFD packet is looped back when VTEP decapsulate VXLAN header. Currently VTEP IP address may be used by tenant and hence this needs more discussion and may need extension document. We have kept the scope limited to async BFD for this document.

- Nits:

  OLD

    Ability to monitor path continuity

  NEW