Re: [Last-Call] [MBONED] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-05

-----Original Message-----
From: MBONED <mboned-bounces@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Carlos Pignataro via Datatracker

> Nits:
>
> Abstract
>
>   This document recommends deprecation of the use of Any-Source
>   Multicast (ASM) for interdomain multicast.  It recommends the use of
>   Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) for interdomain multicast
>   applications and that hosts and routers in these deployments fully
>   support SSM.
>
> CMP: Typo? "and that" does not seem sensible.

I think it's grammatically correct. However, perhaps a less tricky way of saying the same thing would be:

"It recommends the use of Source-Specific Multicast (SSM), for interdomain multicast applications, and *it recommends that* hosts and routers, in these deployments, fully support SSM."

In short, "it recommends" applies both to the first point, use of SSM in interdomain, and it applies to the second point too, that hosts and routers fully support SSM.

Bert