Re: IETF Policy on dogfood consumption or avoidance - SMTP version

On 19 Dec 2019, at 10:00, Alessandro Vesely <vesely@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu 19/Dec/2019 09:16:23 +0100 Eliot Lear wrote:
If you can’t manage to get a PTR into the DNS, there are a great many options
that include, but are not limited to using a free or pay-for mail service.  You
can still build your own, but you may have to use a data center that agrees to
update the PTR record for you (this is what I have done).  A mechanism even
exists to accomplish this with EC2 at very nominal prices (~USD $10/month)

That's hardly acceptable.

Alessandro, I respect your opinion,  but we don’t get to decide that for others. The person who gets to decide whether a PTR is required is the MTA administrator and nobody else.  I take the point about market concentration, but that has to be balanced against other operational considerations, and it will likely lose every time.

Eliot