Re: [ietf-smtp] the inedible parts of IETF dogfood consumption - SMTP version

In article <de9253b3-d545-a477-168e-4c1b50ec0cba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>Spam filters are a good example.   Poorly chosen spam filters are the
>primary reason that email has become so unreliable.

Actually, spam is the primary reason that email has become so
unreliable.  If you did't do spam filtering, however imperfectly, your
mailbox would be so awash in junk you couldn't find the trickle of
real mail.

On my tiny system that handles a dozen users I deal with upwards of
50,000 spam messages a day.  I gather that for large commercial
systems it's in the billions.

R's,
John