Re: IETF Policy on dogfood consumption or avoidance - SMTP version

On 12/15/19 6:19 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

I do not find that this is true in general, and IMO it is not a valid
working assumption.   There's a tremendous amount of Bad Conventional
Practice out there, especially in both email handling and security,
that has come to be accepted as if it were wisdom.
Yes, there is much cargo-culting of questionable practice.  But there
are also in some cases specifications that (no longer) match operational
realities.

Yes this does happen.   Though I doubt this is the case for IP address literals in EHLO.

Keith