Re: RFP for Temporary RFC Series Project Manager

Julian

On 11/12/2019, at 9:17 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04.10.2019 22:07, IETF Administration LLC Executive Director wrote:
>> The IETF Administration LLC (IETF LLC) is soliciting proposals ("Proposals") for the
>> Temporary RFC Series Project Manager (PM).  The PM will assume responsibility
>> for a subset of the tasks that are normally performed by the RFC Series Editor
>> (RSE) role during the term of the contract, outlined below.  As this is a temporary
>> position, the PM shall not be responsible for the evolution of the RFC series.
>> Instead the PM shall shepherd changes already planned or in progress, and such
>> incremental changes as are necessary to meet those goals. The general
>> responsibilities of the RSE are laid out in RFC 6635, but that document should
>> only be understood to apply to this project to the extent it, or parts of it, is
>> incorporated by reference into the actual contract. The scope of responsibilities
>> and goals of the PM role are outlined here:  https://www.ietf.org/about/administration/rfps/
>>
>> Timeline
>> 04 Oct 19:    RFP Issued
>> 14 Oct 19:    Questions and Inquiries deadline
>> 25 Oct 19:    Answers to questions issued, RFP Addenda and Update issued
>> 11 Nov 19:    Proposals due
>> 22 Nov 19:    Selection made, negotiations begin
>> 09 Dec 19:    Contract execution
>> 01 Jan 20:      Work begins
>
> Any news on this? Has a selection been made?

The IAB have selected a preferred bidder following a recommendation from the RSOC and I am currently negotiating the contract with them. The date for contract execution has slipped slightly but a start date of 1 January 2020 is still expected.

Kind regards
Jay

--
Jay Daley