Re: On IETF support (was Re: Important Announcement from the Internet Society and Public Interest Registry)

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 11:39 PM Andrew Sullivan <sullivan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 11:22:21PM -0800, Rob Sayre wrote:
> I'm not sure if that article is telling the whole story, but I also haven't
> seen any clear rebuttals.

I have been cheerfully active on ISOC chapter and policy lists trying
to answer questions people have.  I don't think it would be ok for the
Internet Society to use this list as a channel for those discussions,
though if the moderators have a different opinion I'm happy to answer
questions here too.

Hello Andrew,

There have been a few follow-up questions to your post on this list prior to mine. I'm sorry if I've used the wrong venue.

The linked article raised some fair concerns in my opinion. However, like most news media, it can be prone to sensationalism.. So, I wanted to know more. If you could link what you consider the right "ISOC chapter and policy lists", that would be greatly appreciated. I'm only using quotes here because I don't know what those lists are.

thanks,
Rob