Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-ra-pref64-07.txt> (Discovering PREF64 in Router Advertisements) to Proposed Standard - PLC consistency

Le 05/11/2019 à 15:50, The IESG a écrit :

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 Maintenance WG (6man) to consider the following document: - 'Discovering PREF64 in Router Advertisements' <draft-ietf-6man-ra-pref64-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to
the last-call@xxxxxxxx mailing lists by 2019-11-27. Exceptionally,
comments may be sent to iesg@xxxxxxxx instead. In either case, please
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Hi,

draft says:
Scaled Lifetime field SHOULD by default be set to the lesser of 3 x MaxRtrAdvInterval divided by 8, or 8191

If MaxRtrAdvInterval is 1 (RFC6275 'Mobile IPv6', radvd.conf) then the
division wont work, so the 'lesser' wouldnt be computed.

Then, by 'lifetime', in the cited text below and throughout the
document, one means the 'Scaled Lifetime' of this option, right?

Routers SHOULD check and compare the following information:

o  set of PREF64 with non-zero lifetime;

o  set of PREF64 with zero lifetime.

Finally, for my curiosity, I wonder what kind of algorithm for checking
is consideredin each case.  Is it a precise checking, or more relaxed?
For example, how does it compare a /96 to a /64 (with a precise checking
they cant match, but with a longest match checking they could); would an
absolute or a partial majority in the set be needed to win the check, etc.

Alex

Abstract

This document specifies a Neighbor Discovery option to be used in Router Advertisements to communicate NAT64 prefixes to hosts.

The file can be obtained via https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ra-pref64/

IESG discussion can be tracked via https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-ra-pref64/ballot/