Re: AD workload [was Re: NomCom 2019 Call for Community Feedback]

On 11/5/19 10:08 PM, Terry Manderson wrote:

And this, for better or worse, is my opinion. The IETF needs to want to change. The days, as Mark describes, of having that technical hero is gone. It’s time now to trust directorate reviews,

While I agree that we can't depend on having "heroes" in IESG, I also think that expecting directorates to do all of the detailed reviewing, without having to answer to anyone, will have the result of destroying what little quality control IETF has left.

Keith