Re: NomCom 2019 Call for Community Feedback

In article <7601008E-0E4A-42DD-9D5D-667A7603CE38@xxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>Far from it. If the job is too big (so that only full-sponsored people can be IESG members), then the choice is remove some of the work or add more people.

I wouldn't think that adding people would help much since a lot of the
work isn't divisible.  ADs traditionally read all of the drafts, not
just the ones in their area.  I suppose we might say that if there are
three or four ADs in an area, pick two or three at random for each
drafts, but there's a lot of other places where all the ADs are
involved.  The number of communication paths grows as the square of
the number of people.

The way to have less work is to publish fewer RFCs, or perhaps shorter
RFCs.  We might, for example, revisit our policy of not doing
versioned RFCs, and see if there's a way to do minor revisions without
having to reopen the rest of a document.

R's,
John