Re: [Last-Call] Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-notification-capabilities-05

On Tue, 2019-11-05 at 14:38 +0000, Balázs Lengyel wrote:

***** Appendix A. Instance data examples
>       - Example in Fig. 2: the <datastore> element has an incorrect
>         XML namespace (of the ietf-datastores module).
> BALAZS: I don't understand the comment; I don't see the error. Could you
> please advise me what you think should be there? Exactly where?

This element:

        <datastore xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-datastores">
          ds:operational
        </datastore>

The re-declaration of the default XML namespace is wrong and should be removed
(as in Fig. 1).

>       - Many enum values are invalid because they contain
>         leading/trailing whitespace. It would be better to encode the
>         examples in JSON.
> BALAZS: I would like to keep the examples as they are.
> In many previous RFCs lines in XML examples were broken into multiple lines.
> E.g.
> RFC7950 7.16.3
> rfc8341 A.4
> rfc8641 4.4.1
> rfc6022 4.1
> rfc8525 B
> rfc8072 A.1.1
> rfc6243  A.3.1
> IMHO it is readable. It is better to use longer descriptive names in YANG,
> then to use short names just to avoid long lines in XML examples.

The problem with this approach is that it may mislead casual readers into
thinking that the whitespace can be freely added to such values.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka
Head, CZ.NIC Labs