Re: Next steps on Web Analytics Project

Hi Roman,
At 04:59 AM 26-09-2019, Roman Danyliw wrote:
This note provides an update on the web analytics for www.ietf.org project. In response to the initial proposal [1], the community provided a variety of helpful feedback [2]. The IESG and IETF Tools Team reviewed this community feedback and revised the proposal. The more significant revisions included an explanation of the current analytics systems and associated practices; clarifying the scope and enumerating the explicit use cases; identifying the link between the collected data and the uses cases; and more clearly stating the privacy and security issues and their associated mitigations.

Thank you for the sharing the next steps. I could not find any mitigation for the issue mentioned on Page 5 (geolocation of IP addresses). I unfortunately has to raise a concern about this IESG-endorsed tracking plan as I am not comfortable about having someone else within the IETF tracking what I read on the IETF web site.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy