Re: [Int-area] Existing use of IP protocol 114 (any 0-hop protocol)

Erik,

IP Protocol numbers are a scarce resource and the allocation policy is "IESG Approval or Standards Action". They aren't interested in the latter, so they would need the former. So if they can legitimately reuse 114, it makes everyone's life easier.

Cheers,
Andy